I am incredibly fortunate to have been nominated again for the Leibster Award! I big huge THANK YOU to Jasmine Schmidt Sassack of Foster Care Q and A for sharing the love. Please check out her blog that focuses on an area near and dear to my heart-foster care. She is a strong woman and a loving mamma, who does an excellent job of breaking down the ins and outs of foster care. It’s always nice to see a different perspective, and hers is wonderful!
Thanks lady, for sharing the love!!
And here’s the answers to her questions (in case inquiring minds want to know 🙂
- What was the most successful moment or accomplishment of your life (so far)? Finishing my first book, No Maybe Baby has been a huge accomplishment!
- Who inspires you? My hubby. He’s pretty fantastic. And Mother Theresa. Girl’s got some good quotes!
- Do you think the majority of foster parents are doing it for the money, or doing it because they care? I’m going to answer that I HOPE the majority of foster parents are in it because they care, but I have seen the opposite answer in action as well.
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever heard? Kill them with kindness.
- What’s the hardest lesson you’ve ever learned? There are some things you just can’t change, and you have to learn to love beyond them.
- What’s one more thing you’d like to accomplish in your lifetime? I want to write more books. And hopefully have them published! 🙂
- What was your first job? Babysitting
- If you could be an expert on any topic, what topic would you choose? Endocrinology
- Where is somewhere you’d like to travel to? Scotland. I will go there someday. My hubby is just afraid that I’ll never come back!
- If you could only eat one “type” of food (Italian, Indian, Chinese, etc) for the rest of your life, what would it be? Ooohh, tough one. Italian or Mexican. Hmmm, probably Italian.
- What’s the most spontaneous thing you’ve ever done? This question has made me realize how unspontaneous I am. Yikes. Probably something involving a spur of the moment road trip.
For those of you who missed the first round of this awesome award, check out Jasmine’s blog along with these stellar writers: